With so much upheaval and uncertainty in the world today, it is often comforting to own a firearm. However, there have been over 2 million first-time gun owners in the first half of 2020, which means that there is an increased need for an understanding of gun safety and security!
At Shooters Depot, we believe that firearms can be used to keep our homes secure and protecting our family, but we also know that it’s so important to keep firearm safety in mind. Here are a few resources that we think may be helpful to first-time gun owners:
- NSSF - The Firearm Industry and Trade Association’s 10 Rules of Safe Gun Handling
- A Girl & A Gun’s 4 Rules of Gun Safety
- Gun certification courses to train on how to safely use your firearm - Shooters Depot offers a variety of certification courses, from basic to advanced
- Range time is key to practice your skills - Shooters Depot has the Chattanooga area’s premier gun range
- Purchasing the correct firearm and ammunition for your needs - Check out Shooters Depot online store for a range of firearms and ammunition to fit your needs or stop by our brick-and-mortar store for a consultation with one of our experts
We hope that these resources help you to better understand what it means to be a first-time gun owner and how to be safe with a firearm.